If you have a working Gmail account you can use Gmail as your mail server by setting it in the global configuration.
On the server tab set the following:
- Mailer: SMTP
- Set the next three lines with your information, leave your path untouched unless you are sure it needs to change for some reason.
- SMTP Authentication: Yes
- SMTP Security: SSL
- SMTP Port 465
- SMTP username: your gmail username
- SMTP password: your gmail password
- SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
The following is also a working combination:
- SMTP Security: TLS
- SMTP Port 587
The SSL module does not need to be enabled in Apache.
The OpenSSL extension needs to be enabled in PHP. The details can be found at http://www.php.net/manual/en/openssl.installation.php
If you are using WAMP on Windows, the openssl module is not enabled by default and you need to enable it. To do this:
- Open the php.ini file and uncomment the line
extension=php_openssl.dllby removing the semicolon ; from the beginning of the line.
- Save the php.ini file and restart the Apache service.
Posted in: Joomla