It is used for Front Controller pattern. Zend also uses singleton pattern.
Below are the functions specific to Zend_Controller_Front:
- ‘routeStartup’: This function is called before Zend_Controller_Front calls on the router to evaluate the request.
- ‘routeShutdown’: This function is called after the router finishes routing the request.
- ‘dispatchLoopStartup’: This is called before Zend_Controller_Front enters its dispatch loop.
- ‘preDispatch’: called before an action is dispatched by the dispatcher.
- ‘postDispatch’: is called after an action is dispatched by the dispatcher.
Posted in: Zend