- Let's say you own domain site1.com.
- You only own one domain or only wish to have a forum on one domain.
- You decide to install a forum and want the forum installed in a directory called forum
- You can create a sub-domain by adding the directory 'forum' as a sub-domain from your domain site1.com control panel.
- Once the sub-domain forum is created, people can access your forum as either site1.com/forum or forum.site1.com
- You own multiple domains such as site1.com, site1.org and site2.net.
- You want site1.com as the main domain for your website and you want people who type in site1.org or site2.net to go to the main site1.com website.
- Using the domain control panel for site1, you can park additional domains
- The multiple domain names you own will be parked and will point to the site1.com domain.
- You will be unable to use a parked domains for separate websites unless you unpark them.
- This is a good way if you own multiple domains such as site1.com, site1.org, site1.net to have all domains point to the same website domain
- You own two domains site1.com and site2.org.
- Your main domain is site1.org
- You want to add your second domain site2.org to your hosting account
- You want the two domains to be totally separate and independent websites.
- From the domain site1.com control panel you can add the second domain
- Each domain is accessed by a control panel that is common to both
- When a person types site1.com in their browser they are taken to site1.com
- When a person types site2.org in their browser they are taken to site2.org
- Each domain shares your hosting plans resources
Posted in: Joomla